We love our APL family--caring for the homeless cats and dogs of Ashtabula County is a dedicated passion for our staff. Current opportunities are posted below, should you be interested in applying please fill our job application or send your resume and cover letter to our Executive Director at email@example.com. Full job descriptions are available by clicking on the active link with each job title.
Required Qualifications: DVM 1+ years of experience
Hours/status: Part-time; flexible hours; competitive salary/hourly compensation negotiable
Full Job Description
Ashtabula County APL is a non-profit, open admission, animal shelter and adoption center located in Ashtabula, OH. We are currently seeking a confident spay/neuter surgeon and shelter veterinarian to join our fun, fast-paced, but laid-back team for flexible, part-time hours. Our shelter structure is very flexible and we will entertain a schedule of your choosing. We are supportive of integrated, holistic care and staff are Fear Free certified.
We can schedule our operations around our DVM availability, so you have the freedom and flexibility to work when it is convenient for you, within shelter. We believe in a healthy work-life balance.
- Examine animals and check status
- Review medical charts
- High volume spay and neuter cats and dogs
- Surgical intervention for minor injuries and ailments
- Referral to veterinary specialists in the area and relationship building with veterinary network and local shelters
- Prescribe medication
- Advise staff and potential pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare and general care
- Update animal records
- Help grow community outreach, education and potential vaccine/prevention programs
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- Patience and a love for animals
- Valid DVM license
- Flexible hours
- DVM: 1 year (Preferred)